My Incredibly Unique Perspective

A blog about me!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Long time no see

It's been a while, but that's just because things have been crazy hectic. So bringing back some of my Salem mojo and being a complete loser:
Me thynketh it acordaunt to resoun
To telle yow al the condicioun
Of ech of hem, so as it semed me,
And whiche they weren, and of what degree,
And eek in what array that they were inne;
And at the one acts than wol I first bigynne.

So the One Acts are plays written by other people, but directed and performed by students. They went completely well and I have to shamelessly promote myself and say that the one I was in was the best by far - sorry everyone else, but we kicked ass. It was a three person show entitled The Successful Life of Three. It stared me, Peter Marciano, and Steve Owens - I was a nymphomaniac fought over by those two, Steve was the straight man and dear Peter was hilarious, Hallie Martensen directed.
As soon as those ended I began work on Koshare, which means dancers of the sacred ground. It was all choreographed and organized by the students and was so much fun. I only did two dances, a ballet/modern piece and a funk/fun piece - it went well, but I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't as excited about these as I was about the One Acts.
I then had a shitty weekend which involved me taking care of everyone and everyone's problems but my own, which is why I kind of had a breakdown on Sunday. Monday I auditioned for the show, just for the hell of it, and didn't get cast - but I honestly don't care that much. Tuesday Mom drove up and picked me up and then we drove to her new house in Dover, Ohio. The house was completely empty except for an air mattress, mom's clothes, lawn chairs and a TV tray, and the cats. I cooked an awesome dinner on Thursday, with some help from Mom, and on Friday we did the whole shopping thing and went to see Harry Potter*. Sunday morning we drove back to HWS and here I am - absolutely nothing to do, but study for exams, and do they really expect me to do that?
*I very much approve of the new Harry Potter. I liked that they were willing to up the rating so they could cover the things they needed to and the fast pace made everything better. Daniel Radcliffe improved immensely, Rupert Grint got a little better, and Emma Watson stayed the same. Cedric Diggory was gorgeous and the English Patient as Voldemort kicked everyone's ass. I do think that they over dramatized Everything and they tended to leave things a little flat - they often started a story and as the main plot developed, the little stories were completely dropped. All and all I give it a thumbs up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home